Pain has been immensely and extensively studied throughout years. To learn new concepts and different approaches is paramount for professional enhancement.
The evolution of pain neuroscience introduces new techniques as well as new explanations to methods already consolidated facilitating and improving the clinician's practice.
DERMONEUROMODULATION (DNM) is an structured and interactive approach to Manual Therapy. It considers the patient's nervous system as a group, from the skin cells to the perception of self.
The method utilizes smooth, gentle, intelligent touches with efficient responses.
DNM is an interactive resource of treatment, different from operational restrictive methods, where a “biomechanical dysfunction” must be found and corrected . DNM considers biomechanical alterations as a defense , not as an impairment.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Physical Therapy graduates and students.
DURATION: 2 days /20 hr.
- Increase the knowledge about Nervous System´s pain production as well as in its response to the manual treatment.
- Understand the Nervous System´s portals and its communication with all levels.
- Understand the Cutaneous Nervous System and its relation.
- Learn cutting-edge manual therapy methods based on updated research in neuroscience and pain modulation.
- Learn the evolution of pain neuroscience concepts applied to therapeutical techniques.