Neuro Sensorial Postural Therapy Technique or PNS is a technique that assesses and treats postural problems, acute and chronic dysfunctions throughout soft manual therapy stimuli in specific tissues in the body. The technique's name already explains by itself, Neuro Sensorial Postural Therapy Technique (PNS) is a technique that comprises the treatment of postural dysfunctions and its regulation ; these are the objects of study of the Clinical Posturology. The definition of posture is a proper assembly of the body´s structure. It plays an important role not allowing that structural deformities install , which could translate in chronic symptoms.
Therefore, a proper body alignment is able to maintain the body in a good function and painless, and its alteration in function may cause clinical symptoms.
The neuro sensorial part tell us that, the technique not only involves mechanic stimuli, but also neural stimuli that are able to reach cortical pathways, where the benefits are more durable and with better results.
By using cutting-edge neuroscience concepts, we are able to focus PNS work in the functional part ,which has its main characteristic the neural conduction and the link between organs/systems and the brain. With that , we are able to have a more updated approach with the principles actually incorporated to treat pain and dysfunctions.
The PNS method has been in constant development and evolution , always being updated through neuroscience papers.
In 2011 , Salgado Institute of Integrative Health brought the creator of the technique, Philippe Villeneuve to lecture about Posturology with great success and, since 2012, Salgado Institute has been offering complete training on the method.
In 2014, Brazil hosted the XXII Clinical Posturology Meeting - an event sponsored by API - Association Posturology International - with presence of Pierre Marie Gagey and Philippe Villeneuve among other international and Brazilian names.The event had a participation of innumerous countries such as France, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS TECHNIQUE
Patient who benefits from this type of treatment are patients that suffer from all functional dysfunctions such as back or neck pains, joint pains and all problems that may generate functional dysfunctions i.e headaches, migraines , TMJ dysfunctions and other correlated issues. In summary, any patient that suffer from a functional problem is a candidate to be treated with Neuro Sensorial Postural Therapy.
IS THERE ANY RESTRICTION OR CONTRA-INDICATIONS?
There are no restrictions about age or any kind of disease, the manual technique has a soft touch basis and it can be used at any patient’s age or disease with little contraindications that will be taught during training.
HOW IS THIS TECHNIQUE ?
The treatment is based on a “ Hierarchy of Dysfunctions” where each body's tissues has a priority of control in relation to others inside patient’s body context. Through simple clinical tests, we are able to assess which tissue are responsible for a specific dysfunction. Once established which tissue are the main source of a problem ,its rank inside the dysfunction hierarchy and what this tissue can cause, we are able to appropriately treat the root of the dysfunction.
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Kinesiologists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors.
It is not our role as an educational provider to enforce each individual health profession's regulations. All course participants are legally and ethically responsible for reviewing the applicable laws, the Standards of Practice, and the Code of Ethics of their profession to determine whether they may use the information, material and techniques taught in the courses within their professional and provincial jurisdictions. The Salgado Institute cannot advise a participant as to whether he or she may use the information, material and techniques in the geographic areas in which he or she practices.
- Postural Regulation, Podal System, Sacral , Lumbar and Coccygeal Plexus
- Introduction to the Neurosensorial Postural Therapy
- Syndrome of Postural deficiencies, Postural Megaparasites,Central hyperexcitability.
- Clinical Posturological Exam
- Functional Tests
- Sacral Plexus: Anatomy, Dysfunctions, Clinical Correlations, Treatment.
- Lumbar Plexus: Anatomy, Dysfunctions, Clinical Correlations, Treatment.
- Coccygeal Plexus: Anatomy, Dysfunctions, Clinical Correlations, Treatment.
- Neuromuscular Siderations
- Tonus and Postural Reflexes
- Revision, Protocols and Treatment Demonstrations.
- Vertebral Column, Neuro-vegetative, Cervical Plexus and Brachial Plexus.
- Cervical Plexus: Anatomy, Clinical correlations, Treatment.
- Brachial Plexus: Anatomy, Clinical correlations, Treatment.
- Neuro -vegetative System: Anatomy, Clinical correlations, Treatment.
- Vertebral Column and Ribs: Anatomy, Clinical correlations, Treatment.
- Revision, Protocols and Treatment Demonstrations.
- Cranium, Vestibular System, Visual System, Stomatognathic System and Postural Dysfunctions.
- Vestibulo-spinal, visual and stomatognathic systems: Anatomy, Clinical correlations, Treatment.
- Face and emotions.
- Posture and Dyslexia
- Revision, protocols and treatment demonstrations.
- Correlation from all modules
- Clinical evaluation and correlation of all three modules.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT TRAININGS IN THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE